Civil partnership conversions

If you wish to convert your civil partnership to a marriage you will be able to do so at any one of Gloucestershire’s Registration Offices.

It should be noted that the conversion process is not a marriage ceremony, it’s more like a commitment ceremony. You must see the Registration Officer here at the Registration Office where you will be required to provide proof that you are currently in a civil partnership and that it has not been dissolved.

Once you’ve met with the Registration Officer you may sign the conversion declaration there and then, or you may choose to complete the legal process as part of a non statutory celebratory conversion ceremony in one of our Approved Venues, so as to share the occasion with your family and friends

Once you have signed the conversion declaration you will be issued with a marriage certificate to prove that your civil partnership has been converted into a marriage.

Next step

For more information please contact our ceremonies team at or 01452 425060 (option 3).

Help us improve Celebrate with us

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.