Passport Name Change - PD2

If you are changing your surname and wish to travel abroad using your new name after your marriage or civil partnership, you can apply for a passport in your new name up to 3 months before your ceremony, preferably after you have given notice of intention to marry.

To amend your passport before your ceremony you will need to complete a standard passport application and a Post-Date form 2 (PD2). 

The completed PD2 form then needs to be signed by the registrar or religious minister who will conduct the ceremony.  For guidance and to download a printable application form, please click here. Please ensure that you include details of the passport office where your application is being sent to.


There is a £25 fee for this service, which needs to be paid beforehand. 

You will need the contact details given at the time of booking plus your ceremony booking reference number (which can be found on the booking confirmation email). 

Important: if you are making a payment on behalf of the couple please enter their contact details and have their ceremony booking reference number to hand

Payment can be made by either debit or credit card. Please note that we do not accept American Express as a method of payment.

Click make a payment and follow the instructions.


Send your completed PD2 form along with a stamp addressed envelope (SAE) to:

Cheltenham Register Office,

St Georges Road,



GL50 3EW

Once we receive your completed PD2 form, it will be signed and posted back to you, so that you can make your new passport application. Please note that your old passport will be cancelled. Your new passport is 'post-dated' and cannot be used before the ceremony. 


For further information please check the Government information here.

Help us improve Celebrate with us

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.