Skip to main content

Passport Name Change - PD2

If you are changing your surname and wish to travel abroad using your new name after your marriage or civil partnership, you can apply for a passport in your new name up to 3 months before your ceremony and after you have given notice of intention to marry.

To amend your passport before your ceremony you will need to complete a standard passport application and a Post-Date form 2 (PD2). 

The completed PD2 form then needs to be signed by the registrar or religious minister who will conduct the ceremony.  For guidance and to download a printable application form, please click here.

Send your completed PD2 form along with a stamp addressed envelope (SAE) to;

Cheltenham Register Office,

St Georges Road,



GL50 3EW

Once we receive your completed PD2 form, it will be signed and posted back to you, so that you can make your new passport application.  Please note that your old passport will be cancelled.  Your new passport is 'post-dated' and cannot be used before the ceremony. 

There is a £20 fee for this service, which needs to be paid beforehand.  Click make a payment and follow the instructions.

For further information please check the Government information here.

Help us improve Celebrate with us

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.